Running over 3 Tuesday evenings this fully tutored introductory course focuses on the the key techniques and methods we first use in our approach to depicting the human figure.
Working with a life model, each of the 3 sessions will focus on a different subject.
Week 1 – Gestural drawing
Week 2 – Measured Drawing
Week 3 – Tonal values
• Learn how to use different drawing materials, including pencil, charcoal, graphite and chalk.
• Learn to draw from observation, from a range of short and long, model poses.
• Gain an understanding of the materials used.
• Use measuring to improve the proportion of drawings.
• Learn to create effective compositions.
Students will produce line drawings and tonal drawings. In some sessions we might do lots of quick drawings and in others we may produce just one or two longer drawings. The course is suitable for complete beginners or those with some experience who wish to hone their skills. No previous knowledge is required. A selection of basic drawing materials will be provided: e.g. paper, a range of pencils, charcoal, white chalk and erasers. Students are also welcome to bring their own materials if preferred.
This mini course is ideal for beginners, those returning to drawing after a period of time, and those looking to improve their current practice.
Course Price: £95
Tuesday 5th March 2024
Tuesday 12th March 2024
Tuesday 19th March 2024
6.30pm – 8.30pm