A 3 week refresher course to get back into Life Drawing!
Run by artist Tessa Houghton, this 3 week course offers an overview of 3 of the main subjects taught in the Tutored Life Drawing Course.
Working with a life model, the 3 sessions will focus on
- Gesture – working quickly and loosely to capture the energy, form and pose of the figure.
- Measured Drawing – using specific techniques to measure and gain an understanding of the proportions of the figure.
- Tonal Studies – Add depth and volume to your drawings by using light and dark.
• Learn how to use different drawing materials, including pencil, charcoal, graphite and chalk.
• Learn to draw from observation, from a range of short and long, model poses.
• Gain an understanding of the materials used.
• Use measuring to improve the proportion of drawings.
• Learn to create effective compositions.
Students will produce line drawings and tonal drawings. In some sessions we might do lots of quick drawings and in others we may produce just one or two longer drawings.
The refresher course is suitable as an introduction for complete beginners (who can then follow on with the Tutored Course later in the year) or those coming back to life drawing after a while, and those who would like a shorter, tutored life drawing course that covers the core skills taught. A selection of basic drawing materials will be provided: e.g. paper, a range of pencils, charcoal, white chalk and erasers. Students are also welcome to bring their own materials if preferred.
Course Price: £67.50
Wednesday 2nd September 10am – 12pm
Wednesday 9th September 10am – 12pm
Wednesday 16th September 10am -12pm
Drawing Club Studio, 2nd Floor, 232 Meanwood Road, Leeds LS7 2AH
Includes the following:
All drawing materials
Use of an easel
Spacious drawing studio
Refreshments and biscuits
Free parking (first come first served basis)
Tessa Houghton is a professional artist and experienced art tutor. She also teaches landscape and oil painting courses. She spent 12 years living and working in Barcelona until returning to England 4 years ago. She now lives in Chapel Allerton and is a studio holder at East Street Arts. Tessa’s work is exhibited and held in collections around the world. More information about Tessa’s own practice can be found here: www.tessahoughton.com
– Cancellation and Refund Policy for Tutored Classes –
Payment in full required at the time of booking
Refunds issued up to 7 days before the start of the class