We are thrilled to be running a Portraits Masterclass with artist Ruth Fitton!
Running over a single day, Portraits Masterclass combines demonstration, discussion and hands on tutelage to approach the depiction of the face and head.
Structure of the Day:
10am – 4pm
Working with a life model, and using drawing materials.
2 hour demo by Ruth during which she will show you how to proceed from a strong and simple start to a clear likeness, while also achieving believable 3-dimensionality in your drawing.
Mid morning break
Drawing starts; Ruth will circulate giving one-on-one critiques to students.
Drawing Continues; Ruth will circulate giving one-on-one critiques to students.
During the course of the class you will:
- Use comparative measurement to improve the proportion of drawings
- Learn right-brain tips for achieving a more accurate likeness
- Learn how to observe and replicate 3-dimentional form
- Learn how to use different drawing materials, including conte crayon, kneaded eraser and paper towels
- Gain an understanding of how to use your materials to create interesting textures and varied edges
- Learn to create effective compositions.
Students will produce one drawing throughout the course of the day.
Portraits Masterclass is ideal for those with some drawing experience, those with an interest specifically in portraiture, those returning to drawing after a period of time, and those looking to improve their current practice.
Portraits Masterclass is not suitable for beginners, or those brand new to drawing.
Class Price: £135
Saturday 3rd June
10am – 4pm
Leeds Drawing Club, Unit C3, Flexspace, Burley Road, Leeds LS4 2PU
Includes the following:
All drawing materials
Use of an easel
Atmospheric drawing space
Refreshments and biscuits
Portrait Drawing Kit to take away to continue your practice
Ruth Fitton is a fine artist and portrait painter based in Yorkshire. Fascinated by the human face from a young age, she began teaching herself to draw while in her mid teens. Several years on, her portraits have won awards in New York, Barcelona and London. In December 2022, Ruth was elected an Associate Member of the Royal Institute of Oil Painters.
– Cancellation Policy for Tutored Classes –
Payment in full required at the time of booking
Tickets are non refundable
Tickets cannot be resold, exchanged or transferred